Our Audit Managers oversee an engagement team serving a diverse client base of non-profit, employee benefit plans, manufacturing, real estate and construction.
Bultynck & Co. offers a diversified experience in public accounting providing our employees with many opportunities to grow, develop and advance within their careers. Bultynck & Co. offers 401K, Dental, Life and Medical.
The Audit manager will manage a staff comprising of Audit Seniors, Audit Staff, Interns and Administrative Assistants, while overseeing engagements from start to finish They will also offer guidance and development to staff and interact with our clients on a day-to-day basis. This position works together with the Partners of the firm.
- Oversee engagement team serving clients in industries such as non-profit, employee benefit plans, manufacturing, real estate and more.
- Lead all phases of an audit, including planning, control analysis and testing, substantive procedures, as well as identifying and assisting clients with issues and reporting, supervise and manage staff.
- Review of financial statements, workpapers, audit programs, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing client internal controls
- Identifying and resolving client issues
- Communicating with clients and staff on a daily basis
- Work closely with clients and associates to develop client and project risk assessments, implementations, and recommendations.
- Maintain active communication with engagement team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Present new ideas and improvements to current processes and tasks in order to achieve firm and departmental goals.
- Train new and less experienced associates on firm technology, processes and procedures.
- Review the work associates and provide guidance/mentorship to assist them in developing technical skills.
- Participate in business development and begin to build network of referral sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA License
- Minimum of 5 years of current experience in audit practice from a large regional or national firm
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits is desired
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead others to meet the needs of clients and firm
- Demonstrates patience to train and coach those with less experience and can adapt to different learning styles of others
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology platforms
- Ability to travel less than 10%
****This position has the potential to develop into a Stakeholder / Partner in a fast-growing
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Bultynck & Co., P.L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.